HM Land Registry to launch Local Land Charges service
Throughout the summer of 2018, HMLR will be launching their digital Local Land Charges service for the following local authorities (this list may be subject to change):
- Blackpool Council;
- Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council;
- City of London Corporation;
- Liverpool City Council;
- London Borough of Lambeth;
- Norwich City Council;
- Peterborough City Council;
- The Council of the Isles of Scilly; and
- Warwick District Council.
The new service standardises local land charge information in one place. You will be able to access the service through your portal account, Business Gateway and on GOV.UK.
Benefits of the official Local Land Charges search include:
- guaranteed search results that provide the highest level of due diligence;
- the full spatial extent of every charge appears on the search result;
- standard £15 fee for each search, providing a reduction to the current national average price;
- consistent quality of data provides clear and accurate search results;
instant online search result with 24/7 access to the data, reducing delays in receiving searches;
- unlimited repeat searches for six months to check for any new charges before completing a transaction;
- search history dashboard giving you access to your previous searches at any time; and
- secure, digitally signed and tamper-proof, ensuring authenticity.
The following video provides a brief overview of the new service:
For more information, please visit the Local Land Charges page on GOV.UK, or email: llcproject(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)landregistry.gov.uk