- Maintain and create personnel files, ensuring full complement of contents including taking up reference requests, credit/DBS checks and entering all personal data onto the HRS.
- Written correspondence, promotion letters, notification letters.
- Minute HR meetings such as investigation meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the HR Manager.
- Ability to influence and relationship build quickly and effectively and demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines and balance conflicting work requirements.
- Participate in a variety of ad-hoc projects that impact HR & Payroll.
- Maintain accurate controls.
- Assist with the payroll process by ensuring all new starters and leavers and salary changes have been updated correctly on the HRS.
- Liaise with department managers and recruitment agencies during recruitment campaigns, set up interviews and issue relevant correspondence.
- Assist with the Co-ordination of training programmes.
- Assist Health and safety officer with administrative tasks and co-ordinating training
- Assist with HR and Payroll policy changes.
- Ensure the HR system is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation.
- From time to time you may be required to undertaken other activities of a similar nature that fall within capabilities as directed by management.
This is a hybrid role split between attending the office at Bickerton House and home working. Your normal weekly hours will be from 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with a one hour break for lunch to be taken flexibly.
All roles in LMS have an element of basic IT knowledge, this means all employees must be able to set up be familiar with the functions of a laptop and MS Office suite, be able to set up a workstation i.e. – connect a monitor, keyboard, mouse to a laptop /docking station, be able to carry out some minor trouble shooting, i.e., check cable connections, Wi-Fi connection
Knowledge / Qualifications
|Knowledge of HR processes and procedures
|5 GCSEs or equivalent
|CIPD qualified, or working towards
|Knowledge of payroll processes
|Good communication skills
|Tenacious work ethic
|Good people skills
|High degree of initiative
|Literacy and numeracy
|Good attention to detail
|Confidentiality, integrity and discretion
|Previous HR experience
|Use of HR Systems
Customer Driven: We put our customers at the heart of our business and we are committed to meeting the expectations and requirements of all customers both internal and external. We should always act with them in mind and understand the importance of consistently providing a high-quality service to our customers. Putting yourselves in your customers’ shoes can give you a whole new perspective. When you live up to their expectations, customers will start to trust and respect you, which are foundations of a strong, valuable relationship which benefits both you and the customer.
Accountable: The success of LMS derives from our people taking ownership and delivering on promises made. It takes many people, working together and being accountable for their bit to achieve their full, combined potential. It is important you fulfil your role effectively, taking responsibility and being accountable for the outcomes while demonstrating a professional and positive, can-do attitude. Through the appraisal process, we expect you to take ownership of your own development too by seeking developmental feedback and acting on it to improve your personal effectiveness.
Collaborative: We are all responsible for delivering high level services and results, so It’s vital we work together and support each other to achieve our common goals and achieve great results for our business. We need to work together effectively and build long-term relationships, working with individuals around you, rather than against them and identifying how you can play to one another’s strengths, or compensate for each other’s weaknesses.
Empowered: We can all contribute to the performance of our team, department and the Company by utilising our strengths in different ways. LMS will support you in developing your skills and managing ourselves effectively to become confident individuals who recognise your potential and take the necessary steps to achieve this. By doing so, you contribute towards achieving successful results for you and the business.
Prepared to Challenge and Change: Our business undergoes constant change and our people, at all levels, are a vital part in implementing change effectively. Being proactive by using your initiative in identifying improvements and new ways of working are key and being supportive of and adaptable to change is critical to our organisational success.