At LMS we are revolutionising the way we do software, we are two years into our exciting journey of transformation, to be the best Tech company in the north west and beyond. The journey so far has taken us from Monolith to Micro-Services from Waterfall to Scrum and from On-prem to Cloud Native. A great start but we want to go further, by discovering better ways of developing our products and improving the way we work. Sounds like something you want to be part of?
This is a great opportunity to join an agile development Squad, instrumental in the re-imagining of our digital services.
Attitude and approach are just as important as your skill set, what we look for:-
- Agile mindset
- Continuous learning & improvement
- A passion for Tech, IT, Data and Innovation
- Collaborative and Sharing approach to work
- Systems and Team thinking, with a Start Up approach to innovation
- Actively attend & speak at local tech & lean meetups
We love Lean, Agile and XP but are always looking to explore new practices and improve the ways we work. We like our teams to be autonomous, self-organising, value driven and customer focused.
Reporting to the Senior Strategic Product Manager as Product Owner you will be at the forefront of driving products forward to achieve timely results and ultimately be an advocate for change within the business. This role is pivotal to help to support and shape the development of the company’s agile practices and frameworks with an emphasis on continuous improvement and iterative development. You will be an excellent communicator with a proven ability to effectively manage shared resources to deliver maximum value to our customers in the shortest time.
- Manage the process of product change requests from the business
- Work closely with the Operational Board product sponsor who is the product champion who is committed to the product its solution and the approach to delivery.
- Project portfolio reporting for the IT board report
- Manage the product backlog for a Squad in order of priority to best achieve the product goals and mission; ensuring tickets are in a ready state for the next sprint
- Ensure the Squad fully understand the items within the backlog; Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Three Amigos, SCRUM ceremonies.
- Be responsible for the product release planning for the business and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities of products delivered by your Squad
- Maintain ownership and review of releases to ensure any identified bugs and minor issues are resolved in a timely fashion
- Conduct post release reviews when products reach relevant milestones
- Working with the business to identify new products and services developing a business case to pitch to the Operational Board for sign off to proceed with exploratory investigation
- Create a Product Discussion Document for all products to secure funding for either innovation, product development, or a change in scope/delivery of an ongoing product
- Run MoSCoW sessions for product features with the Operation Board at various points of the product lifecycle
- Engage with a range of stakeholders, customers and partners on project-related issues/topics
- Product roadmap development and execution as agreed with the Operational Board.
- Identify high level Risks including the initial Information Security Risk Assessment (ISRA) and Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Servant Leader for the Squad; empower the team to make their own decisions in relation to product solutions and product delivery. Help the Squad by removing obstacles and ensuring they have all the information they need.
- 23 days annual leave
- Casual Dress
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Corporate rate gym membership
- Flexible working (Hours & Home)
- Car parking
- Life assurance
- Workplace pension